Job type: full time, permanent
Salary: up to £21,000 DoE
Peebles Media Group is looking for a Digital Assistant to join its growing Digital team in Glasgow.
Reporting to the Digital Manager, you’ll provide support across our digital portfolio. Working closely with the Digital Manager, you’ll ensure that our digital channels are kept up to date with timely and relevant content for our audiences and our advertising commitments are met across our digital portfolio.
The position presents an exciting opportunity to learn and develop new digital skills with one of Scotland’s leading independent publishers. Peebles Media Group’s digital portfolio is expanding, so it’s a great time to join the team.
Key responsibility will include:
• Supporting the team with management and prioritising of tasks and planning of weekly workload
• Support with managing the digital advertising workload, from gathering creative, to copy chasing to sign-off
• Converting print assets to digital editions for our titles
• Uploading and adapting content across different digital channels
• Monitoring and updating social media feeds
• Managing multiplatform digital advertising campaigns
• Creating graphics for marketing, events and ad-hoc
• Creating/adapting copy for social media
• Building emails in our email platform, including regular newsletters and advertising solus
• Providing support with marketing subscriptions for our consumer titles
• Recording and editing multimedia content including standard video and Instagram reels
• Creating reports using appropriate analytics platforms
• Keeping up to date on key changes to digital practices
• Maintaining and updating website content
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role required
• IT proficient, with a good working knowledge of standard software packages, operating systems and content management systems
• Good working knowledge of web and digital best practices
• Some working knowledge of HTML, CSS and other coding is desirable but not essential
• Working knowledge of Adobe Create Suite including Photoshop and InDesign is preferred
• Some working knowledge of WordPress CMS desirable but not essential
• Flexible thinker, able to adapt to changing requirements and practices within web and digital
• Can-do attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills
• Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work accordingly
• Proofreading & excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills, able to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders across a variety of departments, sectors and levels
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.