Job Title: Advertising Sales Executive
Job Type: Full-time
Are you an ambitious and results-driven salesperson with a proven commercial track record? Do you have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and thrive under pressure? Then Peebles Media Group has an exciting opportunity that could be right for you.
A bit about us
Established for over 40 years, Peebles Media Group is one of Scotland’s leading independent media companies with a wide array of high-profile B2B and consumer titles and events on its roster.
Join the advertising sales team and you could be responsible for growing new interiors contacts at Scotland’s top-selling home-interest glossy Homes & Interiors Scotland; pitching to multinational clients in the food and beverage sector for convenience-store magazine Scottish Grocer; or building on established relationships for the glitzy annual licensed-trade industry event, the SLTN Awards.
Other brands under the PMG umbrella include Tie the Knot Scotland, Packaging Scotland, Envirotec, Project Plant and Project Scotland, making the advertising team a diverse and buzzing one to be member of!
The position is based at the company’s bright, modern, and spacious offices in The Albus building that was architecturally designed as part of the Clyde Gateway regeneration. Located in Bridgeton in the east-end of Glasgow, this creative hub is a short hop away from Glasgow Green and the hip coffee shops and bars of the Dennistoun, Gallowgate and Merchant City neighbourhoods.
What you’ll be doing
The company is looking for an office-based advertising sales executive who can grow business across its varied print and digital portfolio. We are looking for a Sales Executive to work on our consumer titles, Homes & Interiors Scotland and Tie the Knot Scotland. You will be responsible for:-
- Generating new business; identifying and sourcing leads/opportunities for print and digital; pitching and converting (largely over email or telephone)
- Building trust and rapport with key industry contacts
- Maintaining and developing established client relationships
- Achieving and exceeding revenue targets
What we’re looking for
You should have:-
- Demonstrable previous success in a fast-moving sales environment (previous print advertising/digital media sales experience is preferred but not essential)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Clear and engaging communication skills whether on phone, video call or email
- A desire to be the best
- Solid commercial acumen
- The ability to succeed under pressure in a deadline-based environment
- A bucket-load of determination and positivity – you love a challenge!
Why should you join us?
Become part of Peebles Media Group’s advertising sales team and you can expect:-
- Competitive renumeration – salary up to 25k (depending on experience and track record)
- Uncapped commission
- Workplace pension scheme provided
- Festive office shutdown from 24th December to 3rd January
- Option to buy/sell annual leave
- Flexible working hours, Monday to Friday
- No weekend work
- Early Friday finish every week
- Convivial working environment
- Casual dress code
- Superb transport links
- Free on-street parking
- Private covered bike parking; office located close to National Cycle Route 75
- Paid-for company social events throughout the year