Title: Digital Editor
Homes & Interiors Scotland is looking for an experienced digital editor to join its team in Glasgow.
The digital editor will manage and execute the content plan for homesandinteriorsscotland.com with a strong focus on SEO, content and data management, with a goal of hitting traffic and engagement targets.
- Staying on top of the latest news in the homes, interiors, architecture and Scottish lifestyle landscape
- Delivery and management of all digital content across all platforms on a consistent basis
- Manage output across social media and build the H&IS community
- Create and deliver effective content plans
- Develop the brand’s newsletter offering
- Optimising all content across the website, reviewing current content, plan new content and ensure that all content meets guidelines and adheres to SEO strategy
- Continual assessment and improvement of SEO
- Monitoring and reacting to traffic analysis
- At least two years experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of SEO and keywording with an understanding of data tools like SEMRush, Google Trends etc.
- An eye for detail and design
- Experience using a CMS, uploading content to a website
- A keen interest and experience with social media platforms
- Essential: accurate fluent copy, ability to self-edit as well as edit the work of others
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- A real team player
- A genuine interest for the topics covered by Homes & Interiors Scotland
The digital editor will work closely with the Homes & Interior Scotland editorial team, commercial team, and report to the head of digital.
The role will be constantly evolving, with exciting plans in the pipeline for digital development and a move to a digital-first approach within the company.
Please note, this is an office-based role. You will be required to work from our office in Bridgeton, Glasgow.
Why should you join us?
Become part of Peebles Media Group’s team and you can expect:
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Festive office shutdown from 24th December to 3rd January
- Option to buy/sell annual leave
- Early Friday finishes every week
- Convivial working environment
- Superb transport links
- Free on-street parking
- Private covered bike parking; office located close to National Cycle Route 75
Peebles Media Group Limited, is one of Scotland’s leading independent media companies, with an events division that holds several key awards and trade events. Established for over 40 years, Peebles Media Group is home to a wide array of high-profile B2B and consumer titles and events on its roster.
The position is based at the company’s bright, modern, and spacious offices in The Albus building that was architecturally designed as part of the Clyde Gateway regeneration. Located in Bridgeton in the east-end of Glasgow, this creative hub is a short hop away from Glasgow Green and the hip coffee shops and bars of the Dennistoun, Gallowgate and Merchant City neighbourhoods.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before Friday 19th January 2024.