Title: Senior Events Administrator
Type: Full Time
We are looking to recruit an experienced administrator to oversee the delivery of exceptional events in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for managing each event project, from the planning stage, right through to running the events and carrying out post-event evaluation. The office-based role is very hands-on and involves working as part of a team, reporting to the Managing Director.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional levels of attention to detail
- Excellent admin and IT skills, proficiency in Excel essential.
- First class organisational and record keeping skills
- An outgoing personality with excellent inter personal skills and telephone manner
- Creativity in problem solving
- Driven to deliver outstanding events
Your responsibilities will include:
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Research suppliers and contractors, then negotiate price and hire
- Liaise with sales and marketing teams to publicise and promote events
- Manage all pre-event planning and scheduling
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the events to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- Ensure insurance, legal, health & safety obligations are met.
Peebles Media Group Limited, is one of Scotland’s leading independent media companies, with an events division that holds several key awards and trade events. Established for over 40 years, Peebles Media Group is home to a wide array of high-profile B2B and consumer titles and events on its roster.
The position is based at the company’s bright, modern, and spacious offices in The Albus building that was architecturally designed as part of the Clyde Gateway regeneration. Located in Bridgeton in the east-end of Glasgow, this creative hub is a short hop away from Glasgow Green and the hip coffee shops and bars of the Dennistoun, Gallowgate and Merchant City neighbourhoods.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Yvonne.Bremner@peeblesmedia.com